We have developed the Resources Regulator Portal (Portal) - a new pathway for miners and explorers to interact with us for matters under the Mining Act 1992.
The Portal provides miners and explorers with:
- A streamlined pathway to lodge applications under the Mining Act.
- Access to rehabilitation and assessed deposit information.
- The ability to monitor pending applications, notices and enquiries.
- A communication pathway directly with the Inspector assessing their application.
- Access to all relevant application forms.
- An efficient process for updating approvals.
The following forms are available on the Regulator Portal:
1. Assessable Prospecting Operation (APO) applications to undertake exploration activities (previously known as Form ESF4: Application to conduct exploration activities).
2. Statements of Compliance, Environmental Performance and Financial History (SOCH) forms. The SOCH form lodged online remains valid for 12 months from the date a SOCH reference number (unique identification number starting with SOCH and then seven numbers) is issued to the applicant providing there has been no change to any of the information provided by the applicant since the lodgement of the SOCH. If any information has changed, a new SOCH form is required to be lodged via the Regulator Portal for assessment.
3. Rehabilitation Completion/Annual Report (REH) – for exploration only. Holders of exploration licences and assessment leases can:
- lodge Rehabilitation Completion applications with or without an accompanying rehabilitation cost estimate
- submit their annual Environmental and Rehabilitation Compliance Report (ERCR), separately or as part of a Rehabilitation Completion application
- lodge no surface disturbance Rehabilitation Completion applications for expired/cancelled titles.
4. Rehabilitation Cost Estimate (RCE) submission – for exploration only. Holders of exploration licences and assessment leases can submit an RCE (e.g. where it is not part of an APO or REH application).
5. Non-compliance report – for exploration. Holders of exploration licences and assessment leases can self-report on actual or potential non-compliances.
Paper based forms can still be obtained by contacting the Regulator on 1300 814 609 (option 2, then 5) or via email at email@example.com
Please note that the lodgement of paper-based forms may result in longer processing times due to increased administration requirements.
Rehabilitation completion and/or review of rehabilitation cost estimate
Holders of exploration licences and assessment leases can click here to lodge Rehabilitation Completion (REH) and Rehabilitation Cost Estimate (RCE) forms using the Regulator Portal
Holders of mining leases can use the ESF2 Form below:
- ESF2 Rehabilitation completion and/or review of rehabilitation cost estimate and/or notification of mine or petroleum site closure (fillable form) (DOCX, 128.92 KB)
- ESF2 Rehabilitation completion and/or review of rehabilitation cost estimate and/or notification of mine or petroleum site closure (print version (PDF, 339.75 KB))
ESF3 Environmental management report (opal prospecting in OPA4)
Application to conduct exploration activities
- Click here to lodge applications for exploration activity approvals via the Regulator Portal using the Assessable Prospecting Operation (APO) application form (previously known as Form ESF4: Application to conduct exploration activities).
Environmental and Rehabilitation Compliance Report for exploration
Click here to lodge an Environmental and Rehabilitation Compliance Report for exploration via the Regulator Portal using the Rehabilitation Completion / Annual Report (REH) form.
Statements of compliance, environmental performance and financial history
AD17 Application for review of assessed security deposit
FRM-215-1 S175 Application for Restricted Operations Approval
FRM-215-2 Restricted Operations Mining Operations Plan
FRM-215-3 Dry Rumbler Application Form
Application for a Mining Operations Plan (Class D - Puddling Site)
Application for a Mining Operations Plan (Class E - Mullock)
Application for a Mining Operations Plan (Class G - Open cut)