Skip to main content

A NSW Government website

Reportable events notification

What are reportable events?

Section 125 of the Work Health and Safety (Mines and Petroleum Sites) Regulation 2022 sets out requirements on the mine or petroleum site operator to notify the Regulator of certain events referred to as ‘reportable events’.

Further information is available in the form below or in the Notifying the regulator of reportable events fact sheet (PDF, 135.42 KB).

How do I notify the Regulator of reportable events?

You must notify the Regulator of any reportable events by completing and submitting a reportable events form.

If the only activity being undertaken is exploration, complete and submit the reportable events form below

Note: reportable events with respect to exploration can also be notified with the submission of the ESF4: Application to conduct exploration activities form.