The Mining and Petroleum Competence Board (MPCB) oversees the development of competence standards and the assessment of people who have a role at a mine that may affect health and safety.
On this page, you can download publications developed by the Mining and Petroleum Competence Board with the NSW Resources Regulator.
Strategic plan to 2023
The Mining and Petroleum Competence Board has developed a strategic plan to pursue its vision over the next three years. The Strategic Plan to 2023 (PDF, 320.54 KB) will contribute to achieving the regulator's goal for a safe, sustainable and innovative mining, extractive and petroleum industry in NSW.
During this period, the Mining and Petroleum Competence Board will pursue four strategies to achieve its objectives:
- monitor and review competence standards and assessment for statutory functions
- monitor and oversight of the of the maintenance of competence scheme
- identify and address emerging issues for statutory functions
- develop and implement a collaborative communication strategy.
An action plan will be developed to carry out the strategies, in consultation with relevant stakeholders. The Mining and Petroleum Competence Board will regularly review the progress of the plan and report to the Minister on an annual basis.
- 2021/2022 (PDF, 1.12 MB)
- 2020/2021 (PDF, 401.26 KB)
- 2019/2020 (PDF, 488.01 KB)
- 2018/2019 (PDF, 229.7 KB)
- 2017/2018 (PDF, 236.32 KB)
- 2016/2017 (PDF, 117.3 KB)
- 2015/2016 (PDF, 466.57 KB)
- 2014/2015 (PDF, 168.27 KB)
The Mining and Petroleum Board works under a charter. Download the Mining and Petroleum Competence Board Charter (PDF, 98.29 KB).
- MPCB agenda - 15 February 2022 (PDF, 176.94 KB)
- MPCB agenda - 16 November 2021 (PDF, 231.11 KB)
- MPCB agenda - 17 August 2021 (PDF, 193.46 KB)
- MPCB agenda - 18 May 2021 (PDF, 174.06 KB)
- MPCB agenda - 16 February 2021 (PDF, 227.2 KB)
- MPCB meeting minutes - 16 November 2021 (PDF, 262.48 KB)
- MPCB meeting minutes - 17 August 2021 (PDF, 216.13 KB)
- MPCB meeting minutes - 18 May 2021 (PDF, 307.28 KB)
- MPCB meeting minutes - 16 February 2021 (PDF, 295.94 KB)