Factsheets and guides relating to WHS legislation and WHS (Mines and Petroleum Sites) legislation.
See below for guidance relating to all workplaces in NSW, including mining workplaces, under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017.
- Request to commence a prosecution fact sheet (PDF, 157.79 KB)
- Authorisation to use, handle or store prohibited or restricted carcinogens (DOCX, 94.5 KB)
- Lead notifications at a mine or petroleum site (PDF, 455.61 KB)
- Guide to an application for internal review (PDF, 470.37 KB)
WHS (Mines and petroleum sites) legislation
See below for guidance relating to the Work Health and Safety (Mines and Petroleum Sites) Act 2013 and Work Health and Safety (Mines and Petroleum Sites) Regulation 2014.
- Use of oxygen candles in refuge chambers at underground mines - Fact sheet (PDF, 201.77 KB)
- Exercising powers outside mining or petroleum sites (PDF, 203.95 KB)
- Meaning of mining operations guide (PDF, 217.12 KB)
- Quarterly work health and safety report guide NEW (PDF, 155.72 KB)
- Preparing a principal hazard management plan (PDF, 740.24 KB)
- Coal mine safety and health representatives factsheet (PDF, 147.18 KB)
- Mine record - factsheet (PDF, 154.15 KB)
- Statutory functions - guide (PDF, 602.6 KB)
- Appointment and notification of mine operator guide (PDF, 279.59 KB)
- Guide to managing risks in mine and petroleum sites (PDF, 352.14 KB)
- Guide: Notification of incident and injury Jan 2020 (PDF, 435.74 KB)
- Underground mines - identification of returns and hazardous zones guide (PDF, 4.58 MB)
- Quick guide for petroleum site holders and petroleum site operators (PDF, 82.44 KB)]
- Appointment and notification of a petroleum site operator (PDF, 302.04 KB)
- Notifying the regulator of reportable events factsheet (PDF, 244.32 KB)
- Contractors and other businesses at mines and petroleum sites guide (PDF, 166.12 KB)
- Consulting workers factsheet (PDF, 178.6 KB)
- Managing risks of subsidence guide NEW (PDF, 352.46 KB)
Forms related to all of the above guidance material can be found on our legislation forms page.
If you are unable to download any of our free publications and need a printed copy, please call us on 1300 814 609.