Opal mining safety workshop – July
This two-day safety awareness course has been combined with the mine operators’ workshop. It covers the knowledge and skills required to be a mine operator at an opal mine, including safety policy, hazard identification, maintenance, risk management, people management, emergency response plans and contractors.
Section 8 of the Work Health and Safety (Mines and Petroleum Sites) Regulation 2022 sets out safety training requirements that must be undertaken by opal mine holders and operators.
Individuals wanting to apply for a mineral claim in the Lightning Ridge mineral claims district are required to complete this course as part of their application.
The course fee includes:
• a generic Mine Safety Management Plan (MSMP) that can be tailored to suit your operation
• MSMP supplementary documents
• additional reference material and templates
• NSW opal mine safety guidelines
• morning tea and lunch on both days
This event will be compliant with NSW Government Public Health Orders.
For general course enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.