Mallee Bull Exploration Project Approval
The NSW Government has approved an application from Peel Mining Limited to conduct underground drilling for the Mallee Bull Copper Project including a Review of Environmental Factors.
The application is for assessable prospecting purposes only. If a suitable resource is found in the area, the proponent will need to submit an application for mining to occur, which would be reviewed under NSW’s robust planning framework.
More information can be found in the following documents:
- Mallee Bull Exploration Project approval letter 1 Sept 2023 (PDF, 311.94 KB)
- Review of Environmental Factors and Appendices Feb 2023 (PDF, 75.2 MB)
- Mallee Bull Exploration Project 2023 application package including Environmental Management Plan (PDF, 5.8 MB)
- Mallee Bull Exploration Project Exploration Activity Assessment Workbook and Part 5 tables (PDF, 742.36 KB)
- Response to RFI for MB REF JY (PDF, 881.82 KB)
The NSW Resources Regulator has completed a comprehensive compliance campaign in response to incidents and feedback from industry to ensure
The Resources Regulator has published a compliance priority report looking into the air quality of 16 metalliferous underground mines
The Opal Miners' Safety Awareness Course is now an online format. The online course is free and flexible, allowing participants to complete